Thursday 31 December 2015

Thank you for walking with me


My friends,

On this final day of my addictions advocacy work, I wanted to take the time to say thank you for being part of my journey and for allowing me to be a part of yours. Since I announced my retirement from advocacy work earlier in the month, I’ve received some beautiful messages that really touched my heart.  This whole journey has been filled with beautiful connections with people that I will treasure for the rest of my life. Thank you for walking with me.

Though I am writing this final good-bye with tears in my eyes, my heart is happy. I am looking forward to what the next phase of my life will bring. I’m ready to take on new challenges and to create great memories with my family.

If you are in a battle with an addiction (yours or a loved one’s), please don’t ever give up.  Recovery is possible for everyone. There are no lost causes.  Where there is life, there is hope.

I wish you all the best in 2016!

With love and appreciation,
Rose

  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your service in the field! It's moving to read your reflection on your time spent serving those who struggle with addictions. "Where there is life, there is hope." Beautifully put.

    Enjoy your retirement.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Please be advised that comments are moderated.